Late edema is dued to peanuts allergy.
- Frequency : Allergy to peanuts is known among 2% of Asians.
- Symptomatology : Itching as swollen treated areas may happen 7 to 10 days after the last endopeel session.
- Evolution : in general it can take 3-4 days to a max of 1 week , without treatment.
- Treatment : - Antihistaminics per os + corticoids per os ( Corticoids IV in case of huge allergic reaction)
- Recommandations : It is better not to treat patients with antecedents of asthma,quincke edema, allergic rashes,allergy to penicillin , allergy to lidocain, food allergy ( except strawberries) .
- In case of suspicion : We recommend to make an intra dermo or IDR to the anterior face of the forearm , doing a papula with 0.1 ml of Endopeels main product (peanuts oil acid mixed with carbolic acid ).Wait then 7 to 10 days. In case of redness, itching or swollen area, do not treat the patient.